Five things to know about top 2018 NBA Draft prospect G Luka Doncic (International)
1. Doncic is 19 but has several years of pro experience, including most recently as the starting point guard with Real Madrid, to whom he was first loaned by Slovenia at the age of 13. He signed a five-year deal and moved to Madrid and debuted as a pro in 2015 (at age 16).
2. Doncic is the son of a basketball coach (Sasa Doncic) and hurdler (Mirjam Poterbin).
3. He was named the EuroLeague rising star each of the past two seasons and became the youngest EuroLeague MVP in 2018.
4. Scouts have compared Doncic to NBA players James Harden, Manu Ginobili and Gordon Hayward.
5. Doncic said prior to the draft that he wants to see which teams make a mistake on draft night by passing on him. His nickname in Slovenia is “Wonder Boy.”
–Field Level Media