LaMelo Ball overtook Anthony Edwards as the projected No. 1 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.
BetMGM and FanDuel shifted Ball ahead of Edwards this week.
Ball, a talented guard who played professionally in Australia last season, is -176 at BetMGM and Edwards, a combo guard from Georgia, dropped from -200 on Sunday to +175.
DraftKings in August listed Edwards as the favorite at -134 with Ball +280.
In October, Edwards was +125 and Ball moved to +200.
As of Thursday, Ball was the -200 favorite and Edwards was +155.
The Minnesota Timberwolves hold the No. 1 pick in the draft, which is scheduled for Wednesday and will be a studio event with players joining by video conference.
The Timberwolves met with Ball this week.
At BetMGM, Edwards is ahead of Memphis center James Wiseman (+600) and is the favorite to be drafted second overall by the Golden State Warriors.
Dayton forward Obi Toppin, the AP National Player of the Year in 2019-20, is +5000 to be the top pick in the draft at BetMGM. DraftKings lists Toppin at +20000 to go No. 1.
2020 NBA DRAFT PROFILES
- Precious Achiuwa, PF, Memphis
- Cole Anthony, G, North Carolina
- Deni Avdija, G, Israeil
- Udoka Azubuike, C, Kansas
- Desmond Bane, G, TCU
- LaMelo Bell, G, USA
- Saddiq Bey, F, Villanova
- Leandro Bolmaro, G, Argentina
- Yoeli Childs, F, BYU
- Mamade Diakite, F, Virginia
- Lamine Diane, SF, CSU Northridge
- Kristian Doolittle, PF, Oklahoma
- Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia
- CJ Elleby, SG, Washington State
- Malachi Flynn, SG, San Diego State
- Ashton Hagans, G, Kentucky
- Tyrese Haliburton, PG, Iowa State
- Killian Hayes, G, France
- Moustapha Heron, G, St. John’s
- Josh Green, SG, Arizona
- Obi Toppin, PF, Dayton
- James Wiseman, C, Memphis
–Field Level Media (@FieldLevelMedia)