Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

May 20, 2026 6:53 pm

Joe Burrow confident Bengals will win Super Bowl this season

Joe Burrow
Photo by: Sam Greene/The Enquirer / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn Images

Joe Burrow is so impressed with the Cincinnati Bengals’ offseason roster upgrades that the star quarterback is predicting the team will be hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy in February in Inglewood, Calif.

After missing the playoffs the last three seasons and coming off a 6-11 campaign, the Bengals have made a big splash, including the acquisition of Pro Bowl defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence II from the New York Giants in April.

“We’re going to go win a lot of games this year and play great and win a Super Bowl,” Burrow told reporters after a voluntary workout Wednesday in his first press conference since the end of last season.

A three-time Pro Bowl selection, the 29-year-old Burrow feels the current roster even exceeds the group that lost Super Bowl LVI to the Los Angeles Rams on Feb. 13, 2022.

“I think this is the most talented roster that we’ve had since I’ve been here,” he said.

Among the other moves by the Bengals was the three-year, $60 million signing of former Seattle Seahawks pass rusher Boye Mafe, along with inking former Kansas City Chiefs safety Bryan Cook to a three-year contract worth approximately $40 million.

Burrow, who was limited to eight games due to a toe injury, kept in close contact with director of player personnel Duke Tobin and his department during the offseason.

“We got guys that work really hard to put themselves in position to perform well, perform to our standard,” Burrow said. “We haven’t necessarily done that for a couple of years, so we brought some guys in who have been there and done that and have their own standard of play and are going to live up to that.”

Lawrence and the other major roster additions have attended Cincinnati’s voluntary workouts. Burrow had no issue with the team trading the No. 10 selection in the 2026 NFL Draft for Lawrence, who signed a one-year, $28 million extension following the deal.

“It’s tough to find a guy at pick No. 10 that’s going to have more of an impact than Dexter will,” Burrow said. “So it’s exciting that we went and made that happen.”

–Field Level Media

You may also like

flagg, knueppel
May 20, 2026 8:27 pm

Cooper Flagg, Kon Knueppel highlight first-team All-Rookie squad

Dallas Mavericks forward Cooper Flagg, the NBA Rookie of the Year and No. 1 overall pick in last year’s draft, highlighted the Kia NBA All-Rookie first team, which was announced…

Jon Rahm
May 20, 2026 8:18 pm

Jon Rahm commits to rare Scottish Open appearance

Jon Rahm will be returning to play in the Scottish Open for the first time since 2022, an additional tournament requirement that will clear the way for his participation in…

toronto tempo
May 20, 2026 8:17 pm

Overachieving Tempo seek 3-game win streak at Lynx

The Minnesota Lynx hope to get back to the basics Thursday evening. Fortunately for them, they have a pair of players who can help them do just that. Olivia Miles…

More News News

flagg, knueppel
May 20, 2026 8:27 pm

Cooper Flagg, Kon Knueppel highlight first-team All-Rookie squad

Dallas Mavericks forward Cooper Flagg, the NBA Rookie of the Year and No. 1 overall pick in last year’s draft, highlighted the Kia NBA All-Rookie first team, which was announced…

Jon Rahm
May 20, 2026 8:18 pm

Jon Rahm commits to rare Scottish Open appearance

toronto tempo
May 20, 2026 8:17 pm

Overachieving Tempo seek 3-game win streak at Lynx

mariners
May 20, 2026 7:07 pm

Mariners hold on for contested win over White Sox to claim series

Kentucky, Gonzaga
May 20, 2026 6:56 pm

Kentucky, Gonzaga agree to end hoops series early

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds