Ahead of the French Open, which begins Sunday in Paris, players have accused tournament organizers of reducing their share of revenue, but director Amelie Mauresmo said the prize money will not change this year.
Players receive 22% of the revenue at standard ATP and WTA events, but they feel they are getting short-changed at an alleged 14.3% at the French Open.
In a form of protest, players are planning to reduce media appearances to 15 minutes at Friday’s pre-tournament media day.
Top-ranked Aryna Sabalenka and No. 4 Coco Gauff, among other top players, backed boycotting the Grand Slams if tournament organizers don’t adhere to their request of increased compensation.
Players and their representatives are scheduled to meet Friday with tournament organizers. Mauresmo said she is willing to have a discussion and believes a resolution can be achieved.
“No, we are not going to change anything,” Mauresmo said when asked if the prize money would change this year. “We are going to initiate discussions, and that is what everyone wants.”
Last year, the U.S. Open raised its prize money by 20%, followed by the 2026 Australian Open raising its by 16%. Roland Garros organizers bumped the prize money about 10%.
The French Open pot was $72 million, an increase of $6,161,462.00 from last year. However, players claimed their share dropped from 15.5% in 2024 to 14.9% projected in 2026.
The singles champions at Roland Garros this year will each receive $3,254,902, an increase of $290,622.50 over last year.
“I’m not going to tell you that everything will be resolved with the snap of a finger,” Mauresmo said. “But the discussions will continue, probably after the tournament.”
–Field Level Media




