Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Apr 26, 2024 10:31 am

Nico Hulkenberg leaving Haas for Sauber in 2025

nico hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg is leaving Haas to get behind the wheel with Stake F1 Team KICK Sauber, both Formula One teams announced Friday.

The 36-year-old German driver with more than 200 F1 races under his belt signed a multi-year contract starting in 2025.

Following a three-year absence from the sport, Hulkenberg joined Haas last year and currently sits 13th in the driver’s standings with three top-10 finishes through five races in 2024.

Haas, who previously raced for Sauber in 2013, will be part of the organization’s new Audi team when it debuts in 2026.

“We are very pleased to welcome Nico back here,” Sauber Motorsport AG CEO Andreas Seidl said. “… With his speed, his experience and his commitment to teamwork, he will be an important part of the transformation of our team — and of Audi’s F1 project.”

Hulkenberg’s current employer, Haas team principal Ayao Komatsu, wished him luck with the move.

“I’d like to extend my thanks to Nico for his contributions to the team in the time that he’s been here with us — he’s been a great team player and someone we very much enjoy working with,” Komatsu said. “His experience and feedback have proved invaluable to us in terms of improving our overall performance — a fact that’s clearly evident in both his qualifying and race performances in the VF-24 this season.

“There’s lots more racing to go this year so we look forward to continuing to benefit from his inputs throughout the remainder of the 2024 season.”

Hulkenberg, the 2015 winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, began his F1 career in 2010 racing for Williams. He is still looking for his first podium finish in F1.

–Field Level Media

You may also like

tyler reddick nascar
Feb 21, 2026 1:21 pm

Cup Series qualifying canceled due to rainy Atlanta weather

Inclement weather near Atlanta forced the cancellation of Saturday’s NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at EchoPark Speedway. With no time trials, Daytona 500 winner Tyler Reddick will start on the pole…

lewis hamilton
Feb 21, 2026 11:03 am

Lewis Hamilton on F1 future: ‘I’m not going anywhere’

Seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton feels “reset and refreshed” entering the 2026 Formula 1 season. “I’m not going anywhere, so stick with me,” the 41-year-old British driver posted Saturday on…

christopher bell nascar atlanta
Feb 20, 2026 1:46 pm

Christopher Bell hoping for another big boost at Atlanta

Now that Speedweeks is in the rear-view mirror and Tyler Reddick completed a last-ditch move to capture his first Daytona 500 victory, the NASCAR Cup Series will visit EchoPark Speedway…

More Auto Racing News

tyler reddick nascar
Feb 21, 2026 1:21 pm

Cup Series qualifying canceled due to rainy Atlanta weather

Inclement weather near Atlanta forced the cancellation of Saturday’s NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at EchoPark Speedway. With no time trials, Daytona 500 winner Tyler Reddick will start on the pole…

lewis hamilton
Feb 21, 2026 11:03 am

Lewis Hamilton on F1 future: ‘I’m not going anywhere’

christopher bell nascar atlanta
Feb 20, 2026 1:46 pm

Christopher Bell hoping for another big boost at Atlanta

Lance Stroll
Feb 20, 2026 12:31 pm

Aston Martin shuts down F1 testing as car problems persist

chris gabehart
Feb 19, 2026 9:57 pm

Joe Gibbs Racing files $8M lawsuit against ex-competition director

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds
[gs-fb-comments]