Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Nov 6, 2024 11:21 pm

Reports: Mercedes confirm Lewis Hamilton to race final 3 events

lewis Hamilton, Mercedes

Lewis Hamilton will drive for Ferrari next year, but rumors that the seven-time Formula 1 champion is exiting Mercedes before the end of the current season reportedly were refuted by Mercedes.

Rumors of Hamilton making an immediate split with his current team arose after his poor showing last week in Brazil, where he placed 11th in the sprint on Saturday and 10th in the Sao Paulo Grand Prix on Sunday.

Following the latter event, Hamilton said on the radio to his team, “That was a disaster of a weekend, guys. The worst the car has ever been. Thank you for contributing to try and great job to all the guys at the pit-stop.

“If this is the last time I get to perform, it was a shame it wasn’t great but (I am) grateful for you.”

Hamilton subsequently told Sky Sports F1 that instead of driving in the last three events of the year, he “could happily go and take a holiday.”

However, multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that Mercedes confirmed that Hamilton would remain behind the wheel at Las Vegas on Nov. 24; Lusail, Qatar on Dec. 1; and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, on Dec. 8.

Hamilton, 39, sits seventh in this year’s F1 driver standings, while Mercedes is fourth in the constructor standings. He has two wins this year, at the British Grand Prix and the Belgian Grand Prix, the 104th and 105th victories of his career.

His series championships came in 2008, 2014, 2015 and then four in a row from 2017-20.

–Field Level Media

You may also like

max verstappen wave
Aug 20, 2026 9:47 am

Max Verstappen signs Red Bull extension through 2030

Four-time world champion Max Verstappen signed a contract extension Thursday with Red Bull Racing through 2030, ending speculation about his Formula 1 future. The 28-year-old driver had been under contract…

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Carlos Sainz agreed to a new multi-year contract extension with Williams on Wednesday, one day after Alex Albon extended his stay with the British Formula 1 team. Financial terms were…

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

Racing Bulls’ Liam Lawson will step in for the injured Red Bull Formula 1 driver Isack Hadjar and compete in Sunday’s Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, the organization announced Wednesday….

More Auto Racing News

max verstappen wave
Aug 20, 2026 9:47 am

Max Verstappen signs Red Bull extension through 2030

Four-time world champion Max Verstappen signed a contract extension Thursday with Red Bull Racing through 2030, ending speculation about his Formula 1 future. The 28-year-old driver had been under contract…

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

greg biffle
Aug 19, 2026 10:32 am

Suspect charged in burglary of late Greg Biffle’s home

Alex Albon
Aug 18, 2026 4:13 pm

Alex Albon signs extension with Williams through 2027

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds