Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Sep 14, 2023 3:03 pm

Zhou Guanyu to stay with Alfa Romeo F1 team

Alfa Romeo signed driver Zhou Guanyu for the 2024 Formula One season and will bring back an unchanged driver lineup next year that also includes veteran Valtteri Bottas.

Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake made the announcement Thursday in advance of the Singapore Grand Prix.

Bottas, a 10-time race winner, and Zhou, 24, will return to Alfa Romeo for a third straight year. Theo Pourchaire, a 20-year-old reserve driver from France, also will remain with the team.

Bottas, 34, of Finland, and Zhou stand 15th and 16th, respectively, in the F1 point standings. Max Verstappen of the Netherlands, driving for Red Bull, has dominated the season and has an almost insurmountable lead.

Back at Alfa Romeo, Zhou became the first-ever Chinese driver in F1 as a rookie in 2022. Next year, when the Chinese Grand Prix returns to the schedule, he will have a chance to become the first driver from China in the race.

“Signing again with the team is always a great feeling, especially when we know how things are shaping up,” Zhou said in a news release. “I am proud to be part of Alfa Romeo F1 Team Stake and grateful for their trust: I have been working extremely hard since day one and there is an incredible level of motivation to keep doing so every day forward. My relationship with Valtteri is really good, and we are working closely together and with the team to push everyone forward. I am also very excited about the opportunity to finally race with my team in China, in front of my home crowd. It will be a great moment and I’m proud to be able to share it with all those who have supported me.”

Alessandro Alunni Bravi, a team representative, said Alfa Romeo looks forward to building with its group of drivers.

“The decision to continue our journey with our driver lineup unchanged is testament to the investment we have made in our project. Nothing in Formula One changes overnight, and we have taken a conscious decision to focus on stability and to keep building our team up together,” he said.

–Field Level Media

You may also like

alexander rossi
May 22, 2026 8:07 pm

Indianapolis 500 notebook: Alexander Rossi good to go after Monday crash

Alexander Rossi was in a backup car Friday due to a crash earlier this week and is recovering from minor surgeries on his left hand and right ankle but indicated…

Ross Chastain
May 22, 2026 6:26 pm

Drivers prepare for emotional Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte

Like most drivers this weekend, Ross Chastain will commute a short distance from Mooresville to Charlotte for what should be a spectacular weekend of racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway, though…

Kyle Busch
May 22, 2026 2:47 pm

Kyle Busch 911 call: Driver coughing up blood day before death

Kyle Busch experienced shortness of breath and was coughing up blood the day before his death, according to a 911 call obtained Friday by USA Today. Busch, a two-time NASCAR…

More Auto Racing News

alexander rossi
May 22, 2026 8:07 pm

Indianapolis 500 notebook: Alexander Rossi good to go after Monday crash

Alexander Rossi was in a backup car Friday due to a crash earlier this week and is recovering from minor surgeries on his left hand and right ankle but indicated…

Ross Chastain
May 22, 2026 6:26 pm

Drivers prepare for emotional Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte

Kyle Busch
May 22, 2026 2:47 pm

Kyle Busch 911 call: Driver coughing up blood day before death

Kyle Busch
May 22, 2026 1:18 am

Kyle Busch leaves victory-laden, complicated legacy

Oscar Piastri
May 21, 2026 4:22 pm

McLaren CEO expects Red Bull, others to be interested in Oscar Piastri

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds