Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Jan 31, 2025 2:15 pm

Tim Cindric reduces role at Team Penske

Tim Cindric

Tim Cindric has stepped down from his day-to-day role as leader of Team Penske, however he will remain the president of the organization’s IndyCar Series program.

Cindric, 56, joined Penske in 1999 and watched one of its drivers win the Indianapolis 500 on 10 occasions, including Josef Newgarden in 2023 and 2024.

“I have lived my dream job for the past 25 years as the overall leader of the Penske Racing organization,” Cindric said in a news release. “I’ve had the opportunity to work with some of the best people in the business while achieving many milestones together.

“I’ve decided I need to make a change that provides me with the flexibility I need at this stage of my career. I appreciate the understanding Roger (Penske, team owner) has provided throughout our conversations and I’m confident this team will continue to succeed as we have a proven leadership team in all areas.”

Team Penske said Michael Nelson will retain his role as president of the NASCAR program and vice president of operations. Jonathan Diuguid will continue to serve as managing director of Porsche Penske Motorsport.

Cindric’s son, Austin, is a NASCAR Cup Series driver for Team Penske. He won the 2022 Daytona 500.

–Field Level Media

You may also like

max verstappen wave
Aug 20, 2026 9:47 am

Max Verstappen signs Red Bull extension through 2030

Four-time world champion Max Verstappen signed a contract extension Thursday with Red Bull Racing through 2030, ending speculation about his Formula 1 future. The 28-year-old driver had been under contract…

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Carlos Sainz agreed to a new multi-year contract extension with Williams on Wednesday, one day after Alex Albon extended his stay with the British Formula 1 team. Financial terms were…

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

Racing Bulls’ Liam Lawson will step in for the injured Red Bull Formula 1 driver Isack Hadjar and compete in Sunday’s Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, the organization announced Wednesday….

More Auto Racing News

max verstappen wave
Aug 20, 2026 9:47 am

Max Verstappen signs Red Bull extension through 2030

Four-time world champion Max Verstappen signed a contract extension Thursday with Red Bull Racing through 2030, ending speculation about his Formula 1 future. The 28-year-old driver had been under contract…

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

greg biffle
Aug 19, 2026 10:32 am

Suspect charged in burglary of late Greg Biffle’s home

Alex Albon
Aug 18, 2026 4:13 pm

Alex Albon signs extension with Williams through 2027

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds