Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Sep 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Kaulig names Ty Dillon to second car, parting with Daniel Hemric

Ty Dillon

Kaulig Racing has tabbed Ty Dillon to helm its second car in 2025, the team announced Saturday. Meanwhile, Daniel Hemric will depart, the racer confirmed on social media.

Dillon has made several select starts this season in the Cup Series, racing for 23XI Racing and Richard Childress Racing in addition to Kaulig.

“I’m really looking forward to what 2025 brings with this team,” Dillon said. “We have a bright future ahead of us and we’re going to give it our all each and every race next season.”

The 32-year-old will race for Kaulig Sunday at Kansas Speedway, having already secured seven top-10 finishes (244 starts).

“Ty has done a really great job for us this year in our No. 16 car, competing in a limited schedule,” said owner Matt Kaulig. “He has been consistent each time he gets in the car and has really helped our program grow this season. We think he will be instrumental in continuing our Cup program in alliance with Richard Childress Racing.”

Dillon is Childress’ grandson.

Going forward, Dillon will drive the No. 10 Chevrolet behind AJ Allmendinger in No. 16.

“We’re excited to be able to acquire the rights of the No. 10 for the 2025 Cup Series season,” president Chris Rice said.

Dillon last raced a complete season in 2023 with Spire Motorsports.

Kaulig released the rights to the No. 31 car along with setting Hemric loose at the end of the season.

Dillon is the younger brother of NASCAR driver Austin Dillon, who won the 2018 Daytona 500.

–Field Level Media

You may also like

max verstappen wave
Aug 20, 2026 9:47 am

Max Verstappen signs Red Bull extension through 2030

Four-time world champion Max Verstappen signed a contract extension Thursday with Red Bull Racing through 2030, ending speculation about his Formula 1 future. The 28-year-old driver had been under contract…

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Carlos Sainz agreed to a new multi-year contract extension with Williams on Wednesday, one day after Alex Albon extended his stay with the British Formula 1 team. Financial terms were…

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

Racing Bulls’ Liam Lawson will step in for the injured Red Bull Formula 1 driver Isack Hadjar and compete in Sunday’s Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, the organization announced Wednesday….

More Auto Racing News

max verstappen wave
Aug 20, 2026 9:47 am

Max Verstappen signs Red Bull extension through 2030

Four-time world champion Max Verstappen signed a contract extension Thursday with Red Bull Racing through 2030, ending speculation about his Formula 1 future. The 28-year-old driver had been under contract…

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

greg biffle
Aug 19, 2026 10:32 am

Suspect charged in burglary of late Greg Biffle’s home

Alex Albon
Aug 18, 2026 4:13 pm

Alex Albon signs extension with Williams through 2027

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds