Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Nov 29, 2022 4:38 pm

Nate Diaz officially removed from UFC roster

Longtime MMA star Nate Diaz is no longer part of UFC.

Diaz is no longer on the UFC’s roster of fighters, MMA Junkie and ESPN reported Tuesday.

The 37-year-old’s contract was up in September when he defeated Tony Ferguson via submission at UFC 279.

UFC still had an exclusive negotiating window with Diaz after that, but reports said the UFC waived its rights to the window, letting Diaz become a free agent.

The parting of ways doesn’t mean Diaz won’t pursue a trilogy bout against Irish star Conor McGregor.

“Nate is going to be looking at the biggest fights possible,” Diaz manager Zach Rosenfield told MMA Junkie. “He has stated that completing the trilogy with Conor McGregor is something that interests him, and that has not changed.”

Diaz defeated McGregor via submission in 2016, but McGregor took the rematch five months later via decision.

Diaz had requested his release from UFC several times before the Ferguson fight.

Rosenfield said Diaz will compete “multiple times in 2023, and that will include boxing.” Diaz has been linked to YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul; Diaz got into an altercation with members of Paul’s team last month when Paul boxed Anderson Silva.

Diaz is 22-13 all-time with five knockouts.

–Field Level Media

You may also like

Feb 1, 2023 1:55 pm

Arena Football League to make return in 2024

Count the Arena Football League as the latest pro football league to make a comeback, following the USFL and XFL. The AFL, which is under new ownership, announced plans Wednesday…

Feb 1, 2023 1:36 pm

Jerry Jones: Mike McCarthy to call plays in 2023

It’s official: Mike McCarthy will call offensive plays for the Dallas Cowboys in 2023. That from owner/general manager Jerry Jones, who told reporters at the Senior Bowl on Wednesday that…

Feb 1, 2023 1:32 pm

Mariners defeat reliever Diego Castillo in arbitration

The Seattle Mariners defeated Diego Castillo in arbitration, meaning the right-handed reliever will receive $2.9 million in 2023. Castillo requested $3.225 million. The decision, rendered Wednesday by a three-judge panel,…

More News News

Feb 1, 2023 1:55 pm

Arena Football League to make return in 2024

Count the Arena Football League as the latest pro football league to make a comeback, following the USFL and XFL. The AFL, which is under new ownership, announced plans Wednesday…

Feb 1, 2023 1:36 pm

Jerry Jones: Mike McCarthy to call plays in 2023

Feb 1, 2023 1:32 pm

Mariners defeat reliever Diego Castillo in arbitration

Feb 1, 2023 12:54 pm

South Carolina lands 5-star prospect Nyckoles Harbor

Feb 1, 2023 12:52 pm

Australian Open director: Novak Djokovic won with hamstring tear

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds
[gs-fb-comments]