Morning-line favorite Tiz the Law will start from the 17th post position when the Kentucky Derby is held Saturday at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky.
The Belmont Stakes winner received that position on Tuesday and will be attempting to become the first Derby winner from the 17 position.
Also drawing posts on the outside were Honor A. P. (16) and Authentic (18). Honor A. P. is listed at 5-1 odds and Authentic is 8-1.
Good post for Tiz the Law?
Tiz the Law trainer Barclay Tagg didn’t mind the position.
“I like it being on the outside,” Tagg told reporters. “I didn’t particularly want to be out that far but we have. He seems to handle everything that gets thrown at him. It gives you a chance if you have any speed at all. It gives you a chance.”
Tiz the Law, ridden by Manny Franco, used a strong finishing kick to win the 152nd Belmont in 1 minute, 46.53 seconds on June 20. The colt was a 4/5 favorite.
Also, Art Collector dropped out due to a foot issue. South Bend was added as a replacement and will start from the No. 8 post.
- 1. Finnick the Fierce 50-1 Rey Hernandez Martin Garcia
- 2. Max Player 30-1 Steven M. Asmussen Ricardo Santana, Jr.
- 3. Enforceable 30-1 Mark Casse Adam Beschizza
- 4. Storm the Court 50-1 Peter Eurton Julien Leparoux
- 5. Major Fed 50-1 Greg Foley James Graham
- 6. King Guillermo 20-1 Juan Carlos Avila Samy Camacho
- 7. Money Moves 30-1 Todd Pletcher Javier Castellano
- 8. South Bend 50-1 William I. Mott Jose L. Ortiz
- 9. Mr. Big News 50-1 Bret Calhoun Gabriel Saez
- 10. Thousand Words 15-1 Bob Baffert Florent Geroux
- 11. Necker Island 50-1 Chris Hartman Miguel Mena
- 12. Sole Volante 30-1 Patrick Biancone Luca Panici
- 13. Attachment Rate 50-1 Dale Romans Joe Talamo
- 14. Winning Impression 50-1 Dallas Stewart Joe Rocco, Jr.
- 15. NY Traffic 20-1 Saffie Joseph, Jr. Paco Lopez
- 16. Honor A. P. 5-1 John A. Shirreffs Mike Smith
- 17. Tiz the Law 3-5 Barclay Tagg Manny Franco
- 18. Authentic 8-1 Bob Baffert John Velazquez
–Field Level Media (@FieldLevelMedia)