Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Feb 13, 2026 12:05 pm

Patriots WR Stefon Diggs pleads not guilty in alleged assault

Stefon Diggs
Photo by: Mark J. Rebilas-Imagn Images

New England Patriots wide receiver Stefon Diggs pleaded not guilty Friday to charges of felony strangulation or suffocation and misdemeanor assault and battery after an alleged dispute with his personal chef.

The arraignment at Massachusetts’s Dedham District Court had been delayed so Diggs could participate when the Patriots played last Sunday in Super Bowl LX.

The next scheduled appearance in the case is an April 1 pretrial hearing. Diggs was released on his own recognizance.

The alleged incident occurred Dec. 2, a day after the Patriots beat the New York Giants on “Monday Night Football.” The chef told Dedham police that during an argument about compensation he owed her, Diggs allegedly struck and choked her.

Through his attorneys, Diggs has denied the charges, saying the allegations are unsubstantiated and motivated by a financial dispute.

“He is completely innocent of these false allegations that have been alleged against him,” Diggs’ attorney, Mitchell Schuster, told reporters Friday. “We’re confident that after the facts and evidence reviewed in this case, he will be completely exonerated.”

Diggs, 32, signed a three-year, $63.5 million contract that includes $6 million that fully guarantees on March 13. In his first season with the Patriots, he led the team in catches (85) and receiving yards (1,013) with four touchdowns in 17 games (all starts).

New England lost the Super Bowl to the Seattle Seahawks, 29-13.

The Patriots have not commented on the matter since releasing a statement in support of Diggs after the initial news of his arrest.

“The New England Patriots are aware of the accusations that have been made regarding Stefon Diggs. Stefon has informed the organization that he categorically denies the allegations. We support Stefon,” the Patriots said Dec. 30. “We will continue to gather information and will cooperate fully with the appropriate authorities and the NFL as necessary. Out of respect for all parties involved, and given that this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment at this time.”

–Field Level Media

You may also like

"Commanders" AND "logo"
Feb 16, 2026 3:06 am

Former NFL All-Pro guard Tre’ Johnson dies at 54

Former NFL offensive lineman Tre’ Johnson, an All-Pro with Washington in 1999, died on Sunday during a family trip, his wife posted on social media. He was 54. “It is…

Madison Chock
Feb 16, 2026 1:15 am

U.S. Figure Skating doesn’t appeal Chock and Bates’ ice dance results

MILAN, Italy — U.S. Figure Skating did not appeal Madison Chock and Evan Bates’ score from the ice dance final, which drew the ire of some fans and forced the…

jaylen Brown
Feb 16, 2026 12:45 am

Jaylen Brown: Beverly Hills PD’s account of event shutdown not true

When Boston Celtics All-Star Jaylen Brown spoke with reporters after Sunday’s All-Star Game in Inglewood, Calif., the topic quickly went from basketball to an incident between Brown and the Beverly…

More News News

"Commanders" AND "logo"
Feb 16, 2026 3:06 am

Former NFL All-Pro guard Tre’ Johnson dies at 54

Former NFL offensive lineman Tre’ Johnson, an All-Pro with Washington in 1999, died on Sunday during a family trip, his wife posted on social media. He was 54. “It is…

Madison Chock
Feb 16, 2026 1:15 am

U.S. Figure Skating doesn’t appeal Chock and Bates’ ice dance results

jaylen Brown
Feb 16, 2026 12:45 am

Jaylen Brown: Beverly Hills PD’s account of event shutdown not true

esports fans
Feb 15, 2026 11:43 pm

Two more improve to 2-0 at CDL Stage 2 major qualifying

gaming keyboard
Feb 15, 2026 11:21 pm

Furious comeback earns FURIA second-round win at PGL Cluj-Napoca 2026

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds
[gs-fb-comments]