The CJ Cup @ Summit is a limited 78-player event that begins Thursday in Las Vegas. Typically held in South Korea, the CJ Cup returns to Las Vegas after being held at Shadow Creek last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Field Level Media’s golf experts provide key notes and betting odds along with best bets for the fourth event of the Fall Swing on the PGA Tour.
The field includes seven of the top-10 players in the world, 36 of the top 50 and 17 who competed in last month’s Ryder Cup.
CJ CUP @ SUMMIT
- Las Vegas, Oct. 14-17
- Course: The Summit Club (Par 72, 7,431 yards)
- Purse: $9.75M (Winner: $1.755M)
- Defending Champion: Jason Kokrak
- FedEx Cup Leader: Sam Burns
HOW TO WATCH
- TV: Thursday-Sunday, 5-8 p.m. ET (Golf Channel).
- Streaming: Thursday-Friday, 10:15 a.m.-8 p.m., Featured Groups (PGA Tour Live).
- The field includes 45 players who competed at last week’s tour stop in Las Vegas.
- All three winners during the 2021-22 PGA Tour season have been 30 years old or younger: Burns, Sungjae Im and Max Homa.
- Exemptions into the tournament include Koreans Yoseop Seo, Hanbyeol Kim, Joohyung Kim, Sanghun Shin, Byeong Hun An, Sung Kang and Seonghyeon Kim. Joohyung Kim, 19, has two wins on the Korean Tour.
- Jason Day returns to the event after withdrawing after 54 holes last year due to a neck injury.
- The Summit Club is a Tom Fazio design located between the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and the Las Vegas Strip.
- Dustin Johnson (+1000 at DraftKings) is making his season debut and is the highest-ranked player in the field at No. 2. He’s coming off a perfect 5-0-0 record at the Ryder Cup, but is not among the top-10 most popular bets at DraftKings this week.
- Justin Thomas (+1200) is a two-time winner of the event when it was played in South Korea.
- Collin Morikawa (+1600) is a member of The Summit Club, where he has shot a 62. He has recovered from a back injury and went 3-0-1 at the Ryder Cup. Morikawa has been backed by 10 percent of the bets and 20 percent of the handle at DraftKings, more than four times more than any other player in the field.
- Viktor Hovland (+2500) is second only to Morikawa with 4 percent of the money at DraftKings backing the young Norwegian this week.
- Shane Lowry (+2800) played well at the Ryder Cup before finishing T4 at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship at St. Andrews.
- Im (+3000) is coming off his second career PGA Tour victory and is a CJ brand ambassador.
- Maverick McNealy (+5500) is also a member at Summit, where Morikawa said he has carded a 61. McNealy has yet to win on tour but has been backed by 3 percent of the total bets and money at DraftKings.
–Field Level Media (@FieldLevelMedia)