Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Apr 14, 2025 3:28 pm

Report: Slow start prompts ‘concern’ for Red Bull, Max Verstappen

max verstappen

Red Bull’s early-season struggles amid setup concerns have the team scrambling for ways to improve after four-time Formula One world champion Max Verstappen finished in sixth place Sunday in the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Everything from balance issues with the setup on Red Bull cars to pit stops and Friday practice sessions all have come into focus.

“The concern is great,” Red Bull adviser Helmut Marko told Sky Germany, per The Athletic.

“Improvements must come in the near future so that he has a car with which he can win again. We need to create a foundation with a car so that he can fight for the world championship.”

Verstappen had a dominant 2023 season, winning 19 of the 22 Grand Prix races and finishing on the podium 21 times.

Last season, he won nine times but Red Bull relinquished the team Constructors’ Championship to McLaren. That came, according to The Athletic, as Red Bull developed troubles with balance issues with the cars that are continuing this season. The fix, reportedly, is a long-term one.

F1 analysts like Sky’s Ralf Schumacher, who won six races across 11 F1 seasons, believe Verstappen could go as far as to leave Red Bull if improvements are not forthcoming.

After the race Sunday, Verstappen posted this to X: “Difficult weekend. Struggled with the balance and overall pace. We move forward and keep pushing.”

Verstappen is third in the drivers standings after four races, eight points behind leader Lando Norris and five behind Oscar Piastri, both of McLaren.

In the Constructors’ Championship standings, McLaren has 151 points, Mercedes has 93 and Red Bull is next at 71.

While the 27-year-old Verstappen is under contract through 2028 with Red Bull, Marko has said there are out clauses.

–Field Level Media

You may also like

chris gabehart
Feb 19, 2026 9:57 pm

Joe Gibbs Racing files $8M lawsuit against ex-competition director

Joe Gibbs Racing, in a lawsuit filed Thursday in the Western District of North Carolina, accused its former competition director, Chris Gabehart, of sharing confidential information and trade secrets with…

tyler reddick, jordan
Feb 19, 2026 8:59 pm

Tyler Reddick’s Daytona 500 win scores massive ratings for Fox

Tyler Reddick’s victory in the 2026 Daytona 500 scored massive ratings for Fox Sports, which saw an 11% increase over last year’s race. The 7.489 million viewers for the race…

Stefano Domenicali
Feb 16, 2026 6:09 pm

Barcelona stays in F1 race rotation with extension through 2032

Formula 1 will continue to race in Barcelona for another six years after it struck a deal that calls for the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya to alternate hosting with the Belgian…

More Auto Racing News

chris gabehart
Feb 19, 2026 9:57 pm

Joe Gibbs Racing files $8M lawsuit against ex-competition director

Joe Gibbs Racing, in a lawsuit filed Thursday in the Western District of North Carolina, accused its former competition director, Chris Gabehart, of sharing confidential information and trade secrets with…

tyler reddick, jordan
Feb 19, 2026 8:59 pm

Tyler Reddick’s Daytona 500 win scores massive ratings for Fox

Stefano Domenicali
Feb 16, 2026 6:09 pm

Barcelona stays in F1 race rotation with extension through 2032

tyler reddick
Feb 15, 2026 5:57 pm

Tyler Reddick captures Daytona 500 in thrilling finish

Daytona 500
Feb 14, 2026 12:49 pm

Daytona 500 start time moved up due to weather concerns

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds
[gs-fb-comments]