Our Clients:

Field Level Media - Professional sports content solutions | FLM

Jul 20, 2024 11:59 am

Cole Custer returning to NASCAR Cup Series in 2025

cole custer

Cole Custer is returning to the NASCAR Cup Series in 2025, piloting the Haas Factory Team’s No. 41 Ford Mustang.

The 26-year-old made the announcement Saturday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, where he will drive in the Xfinity Series race for Stewart-Haas Racing.

Custer drove for Stewart-Haas Racing from 2020-22, winning once, but struggled and was sent to the Xfinity Series in 2023. He won the title last year and leads the points standings this season.

Custer got his first win of 2024 last week at Pocono.

Stewart-Haas Racing is shutting down at the end of 2024, but team co-owner Gene Haas is rebooting with his new team. In a statement Saturday, Haas said Custer was the right driver for the Haas Factory Team.

“He just wins, and he’s proven that repeatedly,” Haas said of Custer in a team news release. “On his way to winning the Xfinity Series championship last year, Cole really carved out an identity for himself, on the track and off. He brings home trophies and he races people clean. He’s earned a lot of respect from his peers, and he’s a genuine personality whose hard work resonates with our customers.

“The NASCAR Cup Series is tough, but Cole is coming back wiser and tougher. We’re very happy to have him in our colors and in our race car.”

Custer said he was happy, too.

“I’ve grown up with Haas Automation, and having their name on my fire suit is something I take a tremendous amount of pride in. I’m driven to win for Gene and everyone at Haas Automation because they’ve been such a big part of my career,” Custer said. “Haas Factory Team will essentially be a new race team next year, and it’s going to take all of us to build it into an organization that can go out and win races. I want this opportunity and I’m ready for this challenge.”

–Field Level Media

You may also like

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Carlos Sainz agreed to a new multi-year contract extension with Williams on Wednesday, one day after Alex Albon extended his stay with the British Formula 1 team. Financial terms were…

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

Racing Bulls’ Liam Lawson will step in for the injured Red Bull Formula 1 driver Isack Hadjar and compete in Sunday’s Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, the organization announced Wednesday….

greg biffle
Aug 19, 2026 10:32 am

Suspect charged in burglary of late Greg Biffle’s home

A suspect has been arrested in the burglary of Greg Biffle’s home, which happened just three weeks after the former NASCAR driver died in a plane crash. Police in Iredell…

More Auto Racing News

Carlos Sainz
Aug 19, 2026 11:34 am

Carlos Sainz reaches multi-year extension with Williams

Carlos Sainz agreed to a new multi-year contract extension with Williams on Wednesday, one day after Alex Albon extended his stay with the British Formula 1 team. Financial terms were…

Liam Lawson
Aug 19, 2026 11:09 am

Liam Lawson to replace Isack Hadjar at Dutch Grand Prix

greg biffle
Aug 19, 2026 10:32 am

Suspect charged in burglary of late Greg Biffle’s home

Alex Albon
Aug 18, 2026 4:13 pm

Alex Albon signs extension with Williams through 2027

kyle Larson AND Homestead
Aug 18, 2026 3:19 pm

Homestead-Miami to remain NASCAR’s season-ender in 2027

Read all
fb-post
advertisment
title-icon

Upcoming events

See all odds